The command below needs to be executed at host level to enable nested virtualization for a specific VM:
Set-VMProcessor -VMName <VMName> -ExposeVirtualizationExtensions $true
- Must be running Windows 10 Build 10565 or later.
- The host and nested VM must be running the same build of Win 10.
- Min 4GB RAM on the host.
- Dynamic RAM must be disabled on the nested VM.
- No Checkpoints can be made on the nested VM. (desired to checkpoint hosted VM in the nested VM must be running version 8 of the VM)
- MAC Address Spoofing has to be enable on the nest VM NIC or a NAT Virtual Switch has to be created.